Was surprised to see Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning in the fourth position in sales of NFL jerseys.
Would have expected him to lead in the sales department.
Here is the list of top jersey sellers. And, yes, I’m as surprised as you are to see Johnny Manziel in the lead.
Manziel, as you know, has yet to take a snap in the NFL.
But his lack of experience is the best explanation for his sudden rise to the top of jersey sales.
Millions of Americans already owned Manning’s Broncos jersey.
No American owned Manziel’s Browns jersey until a couple months ago.
1. QB Johnny Manziel, Cleveland
2. QB Russell Wilson, Seattle
3. QB Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco
4. QB Peyton Manning, Denver
5. CB Richard Sherman, Seattle
6. DE Michael Sam, St. Louis
7. QB Tom Brady, New England
8. QB Drew Brees, New Orleans
9. QB Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay
10. 12th Man, Seattle
One other note:
The No. 12 – you know, the 12th man – Super Bowl jersey comes in at No. 10 on the list. I saw dozens of those No. 12 jerseys in New York during Super Bowl week.
Each time I saw a Seahawks No. 12, I had to battle the temptation to say, “Um, you’re just a fan. You don’t play for the Seahawks.”